How-to: write math in blogger

This first blogpost will be special. Obviously because it is the first but also because it will not be about economics. It is, however, about the first problem I needed to solve before starting this blog. Namely, how can you write math equations in blogger? Economics uses quite a bit of math, and not be able to write it would have meant the end of my blog before it ever came into existence. I will mostly provide links to other pages as they do a fine job about explaining what to do.


My search started with using google (obviously). The first of googles results was this page, with the orginal source being this page. It explains how to integrate LaTeX into your blog. However, for some unexplained reason, I did not get it to work. Of course you are free to try.

After searching further I finally stumbled across this page. There it is explained how to integrate Mathjax into your blog which also allows you to use LaTeX, and hence write math equations. This worked beautifully for me, as I will show right now by typing some mathematical nonsence:

\[ \sum_{n=22}^N \exp\left (-\frac{x+y^2}{4n} \right) \int_{-\phi}^\phi \qquad \mbox{if and only if} \qquad beta \in \left[ -4,4 \right]\]

I recommend this page to get you started writing in LaTeX. It explains the basics very well and soon your will be able to write mathematical nonsense in your blog as well!

I hope this first blog was helpful, and if you know another method please leave a comment!

EDIT: as seen in the first comment you might also want to take a look here: http://watchmath.com/vlog/?p=1461, you might also want to take a look here: http://watchmath.blogspot.com/ it gives nice examples on how to use LaTeX

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for writing on my blog about the new installation procedure here: http://watchmath.com/vlog/?p=1461. I have updated my javascript code on a new post.
    I love Mathjax myself and use it on my forum. I will write about it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your reply, I will include your message in my post.

    ReplyDelete